Pako Salad is a recipe submitted by a follower of filipino-dishes.org. Its a fresh crispy salad and easy to prepare!
- Serves - 4-6
- Prep time - 10 minutes
- Cook time - 5 minutes
- Total time - 15 minutes
- Allergy - Fish
- Meal type - Salad
- Misc - Fresh
- Region - Asian
Ingredients for Pako Salad
- Pako (edible fern) 1 tali
- Tomatoes (chopped into salad size)
- Onion (chopped into salad size)
- Red chili (2 pcs, chopped into small pcs)
- Bagoong isda/fermented fish (5 tablespoon)
- Calamansi (5 pcs) juice
Directions to prepare Pako Salad
- Step 1 Clean the Pako. Select the top portion of the edible fern (the soft part)
- Step 2 Dip into a bowl of boiled water for 3-5 minutes
- Step 3 Removed the pako and set aside
- Step 4 Put chopped onions, chopped tomatoes and chili and mix with pako
- Step 5 Mix Bagoong (fermented fish) together and add calamansi juice.
Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad is a favorite Filipino dish among children especially cause of it’s sweet taste. Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad is typically served during occasions like birthday parties, Christmas and other special occasions. Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad is a fairly easy dish to cook and doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare.
The main ingrediënt needed for the Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad are:
- 250 grams of Elbow Macaroni
- One can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1.5 cups of drained nata de coco (coconut gel)
- One cup of Raisins
- 100 Grams of Cheddar Cheese
- One can of drained Pineapple (500 g)
- One can of drained Fruit Cocktail (500 g)
- One green apple (cubed)
Procedure to prepare Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad:
First bring some water to a cook and place the elbow Macaroni into the pan. Let it boil according to the directions on the package. When done drain the water and rinse the macaroni with cold water and let it cool down for about 20 minutes.
When the macaroni is done place it in a big bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.Mix all the combined ingredients very well and cover the bowl.
Finally place the covered bowl in the fridge for about an hour.
Lastly serve the Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad cold.
A popular salad among Filipinos is Ensaladang Pinoy (green salad). It is a variation of the garden salad and comes instead of Olive oil with Fish Sauce. The Flavor of the Fish sauce is giving the dish a typical Asian taste. It is an easy dish to prepare, doesn’t cost much and is easy to combine with other Filipino dishes on this website.
The ingredients needed for the Salad are listed below:
- One cup of Malunggay leaves
- One cup of kankong leaves
- Two medium tomatoes (sliced)
- One sliced cucumber
- One sliced small onion
- One singkamas, cut julienne
- A chopped Kinchay
The ingredients needed for the dressing are listed below:
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- ¼ tablespoon ground black pepper
Preparation of the salad dish:
Start by steaming the Kankong and malungay leaves and let them cool down after steaming them in the fridge. Place all the vegetables into a large salad bowl and use your hands to mix them. Combine the vegetables with the steamed leaves and place the dressing over the combination. Finally add the chopped kinchay and sliced egg on top before it is served.